Trucks Can Cause Serious Accidents
Most people probably understand that commercial vehicles and trucks are regulated differently than personal vehicles. Commercial vehicles have state, as well as federal standards that must be followed. Stricter commercial vehicle standards are in place to keep other drivers safe on the roads and highways. Commercial companies carry insurance to cover these types of accidents and typically work to train their drivers well and maintain their vehicles. However, accidents still happen.
The Serious Risks Of Truck Accidents
Tractor-trailer accidents can be devastating — even more so than when only personal vehicles are involved. Below are a number of reasons that stricter standards are important.
- Commercial vehicles are generally much larger than personal vehicles and therefore capable of causing serious damage.
- Trucks and tractor-trailers carry various loads of goods and products, some of which are hazardous.
- Tractor-trailers are frequently driven for long distances and require more maintenance and safety equipment.
Some of the reasons a truck accident may occur include:
- If drivers are from out-of-state, they may be unfamiliar with the weather conditions or roads local to our area.
- Drivers may have delivery timelines that cause them to operate the vehicle at unsafe speeds.
- Drivers tend to drive for long hours of the day which can cause driver fatigue.
- Some drivers may operate the vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
Compassionate Lawyers And Staff
If you have been injured — or lost a loved one — as a result of a truck accident, call Boren & Boyd, PLC. Our staff is experienced with clients who have experienced devastating injuries. We also represent clients who lost loved ones by pursuing wrongful death claims.
It is important to contact an attorney as quickly as you can after an accident. We need to get access to the information contained in the “black box” of the truck before it is destroyed. This information is extremely important to evaluate in every truck accident case. We can also get our private investigator to evaluate the scene and work with us to gather information vital to a successful outcome.
No Recovery, No Fee
If you do not recover in your case, then we don’t get paid either. We also do not charge for initial consultations. Give us a call today at 731-423-3300 or toll-free at 800-727-0622. You may also reach us online here. From our office in Jackson, we represent clients throughout Tennessee.