Get compensation after disfigurement changes your life

After an accident, it's important that you have a chance to recover your economic losses. Depending on the severity of the collision, that might include costs for medical care, expenses related to repairing or replacing your vehicle, lost wages and other losses. There are cases in which your family may be able to collect some economic damages as well, particularly if they're impacted by your inability to work.

One thing you should remember is that injuries sometimes leave disfigurements, like scars, which can impact your quality of life. Although you may no longer be in pain, the fact that you look and feel differently about yourself still impacts you. That injury may be compensable, since you are suffering mental anguish from your physical injuries.

In the case that disfigurement or scarring continues to affect you, you may be able to obtain compensation for future medical expenses. You'll need to prove that you need ongoing medical care as a result of the accident and injury to obtain future medical expense compensation. It's a good idea to get an approximate estimate of how much your treatment will cost during your lifetime from a medical provider, like your doctor.

Once you know how much your medical care will be over the course of your life, you can use that information to pursue a fair settlement. A good settlement takes your needs today and years from now into account, so long as those needs relate to the injury. It's necessary to negotiate and work with your attorney to make sure you get the settlement you deserve.

Source: FindLaw, "Economic Recovery for Accidents and Injuries," accessed Oct. 19, 2017

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

How can we help you?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office location:

Boren & Boyd, PLC
114 S. Liberty St. Suite 100
Jackson, TN 38301

Toll Free: 800-727-0622
Phone: 731-300-6207
Phone: 731-423-3300
Fax: 731-423-2135
Jackson Law Office Map